MPPEB scam: Suspended cop held
Bhopal: A suspended police inspector, wanted in connection with the Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB) scam, has been arrested by the Special Task Force.
Inspector Ajay Singh Pawar was arrested on Saturday at around midnight from the Indrapuri locality of the city, an STF official said here Monday.
Following a tip-off, an STF team raided the area and caught the suspended police officer who had a reward of Rs 10,000 on him.
He was wanted by STF since November last year when a case was registered against him in connection with the scam.
He was produced in a local court yesterday which remanded him in STF custody till July 27.
He was earlier posted with the MP Police`s intelligence wing and was named as an accused in connection with the 2012 police sub-inspector recruitment scam, the official said.
Pawar had allegedly helped seven candidates, including his son Abhijeet, in clearing the written examination conducted by MPPEB and collected Rs 8 to 10 lakhs from each candidate, he said.
He allegedly had links with accused middlemen Bharat Mishra and MPPEB`s chief system analyst Nitin Mahindra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert