MPPEB scam: Suspended cop held
Bhopal: A suspended police inspector, wanted in connection with the Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB) scam, has been arrested by the Special Task Force.
Inspector Ajay Singh Pawar was arrested on Saturday at around midnight from the Indrapuri locality of the city, an STF official said here Monday.
Following a tip-off, an STF team raided the area and caught the suspended police officer who had a reward of Rs 10,000 on him.
He was wanted by STF since November last year when a case was registered against him in connection with the scam.
He was produced in a local court yesterday which remanded him in STF custody till July 27.
He was earlier posted with the MP Police`s intelligence wing and was named as an accused in connection with the 2012 police sub-inspector recruitment scam, the official said.
Pawar had allegedly helped seven candidates, including his son Abhijeet, in clearing the written examination conducted by MPPEB and collected Rs 8 to 10 lakhs from each candidate, he said.
He allegedly had links with accused middlemen Bharat Mishra and MPPEB`s chief system analyst Nitin Mahindra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air