MPPSC scam: Congress holds protest demanding CBI probe, Chouhan`s resignation
Indore: Congress workers on Wednesday staged a protest seeking a probe by CBI into the alleged Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC) examination and recruitment scam and resignation of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan in this regard.
Congress workers, led by the state unit Congress president Arun Yadav, tried to walk towards the MPPSC office in Residency area by crossing the barricades put up by police who used mild force and water cannons to disperse them.
"Nearly 70 workers, including Yadav, former MP Sajjan Singh Verma and NSUI state unit president Vipin Wankhede were arrested for crossing the barricades that were put up by police in front of MPPSC office," said SP (East) OP Tripathi.
A media photographer allegedly suffered injuries in a stone-pelting incident that is reported to have taken place during the protest. However, police did not confirm the same.
Addressing the partymen before his arrest, Yadav said, "During the BJP regime a number of scams have taken place in MPPEB and MPPSC, which have put the future of youths in darkness. But the state government is not ready for a CBI probe...Congress will continue to agitate on the issue unless Chouhan resigned from his post."
The question paper of the examination conducted for the recruitment of Ayurvedic Medical Officers got leaked on May 18 while the papers for the State Services prelims and Mains exams-2012 conducted by the MPPSC got leaked recently.
Both Delhi Police Crime Branch and the Special Task Force are probing the alleged leakage of 2012 exam papers after the former recently busted an inter-state racket involved in selling examination papers.
In the wake of the paper leaks, the MPPSC has already suspended interviews for State Services Examination-2012 scheduled to be held from July 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery