MP`s Dy Speaker, son booked for cheating in land purchase case
Seoni (MP): Madhya Pradesh Assembly Deputy
Speaker Harvansh Singh, his son Rajneesh Singh and a few
others have been booked for alleged cheating in a land
purchase case, police said on Tuesday.
Singh, who is Kevlari MLA and a former Madhya Pradesh
Minister, his son and others were booked yesterday following
the order of Lakhanadaon Judicial Magistrate First Class
(JMFC) A S Sisodiya, Ghanora Police Station House Officer Kunj
Behari Gautam said.
He said Singh and his son and others have been booked
under sections 420 (cheating), 506 (criminal intimdation), 294
(obscene acts and signs) and 120 (b) (criminal conspiracy) of
IPC following a complaint lodged against them in the JMFC
court by Mohammad Shah and others.
The accused have bought ten hectares land from one Niyaz
Ali despite the fact that the property at Aamanala village in
Ghanora development block had a joint ownership title.
Shah and other legal owners of the land, who opposed the
sale after knowing about it, were threatened by the accused,
Following this, the aggrieved people filed the complaint
at the JMFC court which ordered the police to register a case
against the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Know why sex loses its steam in couples