Muharram observed in Madhya Pradesh
Bhopal: Muharram (Yom-e-Aashurah), the
10th day of first Islamic month marking the martyrdom of
Prophet Mohammad`s grand son Imam Hussain was observed all
over Madhya Pradesh on Monday.
Mourning procession with a large number of Tazias and
Alams were taken out to mark the occasion on the streets of
major cities including Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur, Gwalior and
Ujjain in the memory Hussain, who was killed by Yazeed, a
corrupt ruler in the Arab on this day.
All India Muslim Teohar Committee Chairman, Ausaf
Shahmiri Khurram told PTI that the example of unity among both
the Hindu and Muslim communities still exists and Tazias
of various Hindu societies like Prajapati samaj, Saini Samaj,
Rajpur Kshatriya samaj, Jain samaj and Agarwal samaj were the
part of the procession.
In Bhopal, more than 720 Tazias and Alams were taken
out through major streets and converged at the Karbala before
Elaborate security arrangements were made at different
places as a precautionary measure and the event passed off
peacefully with no report of any untoward incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars