Murder accused shot in court room
Bilaspur: A murder accused was shot at Bilaspur district court in Chhattisgarh, police said on Sunday.
Kamal Dhuri, an accused in Dhuripara double murder case, was seriously injured in the attack yesterday while one of the assailants was arrested soon afterwards, police said.
The assailants were identified as - Rajasingh Thakur, who was arrested, and Shekharsingh, who absconded.
Bilaspur SP Ratanlal Dangi said that the incident took place in the court of additional district judge Mansoor Ahmed during the recess period.
Thakur entered the court room where Dhuri, accompanied by a few policemen, was signing some documents and shot him.
Thakur was arrested immediately, but Shekhar, who was waiting outside on a bike, managed to escape.
Dhuri is an accused in the case related to the murder of Vivek Singh, a relative of Rajasingh Thakur, and Janak Sahu in June this year in Paunsra village of Bilaspur.
According to police, the victims, who were drunk, got into a fight and subsequently, were lynched by a mob of villagers.
Earlier, there was a dispute between Kamal Dhuri, co-accused Budki Dhuri and Vivek Singh, police said.
Dhuri was admitted to hospital soon after the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry