Murder weapon found in Shehla murder case
New Delhi/Bhopal: The CBI on Sunday said that the weapon used in the murder of RTI Activist Shehla Masood has been recovered at the instance of Saqib Ali who is accused of hiring contract killers to murder her.
A CBI spokesperson said in New Delhi that the weapon, a country-made bullet, was recovered at the instance of Ali alias `danger` and has been since sent for forensic examination.
Ali - a local history-sheeter - is alleged to be the link between Zaheda Pervez, accused to be the main conspirator, and hired sharp-shooters Shanu Alunga and Irfan - both hailing from Kanpur to kill Shehla. He allegedly brokered a deal between the key conspirator and the shooters for Rs 5 lakh.
After Shehla was killed by the Uttar Pradesh shooters, Zaheda paid the duo Rs three lakh, CBI sources said.
So far, five persons have been arrested in the case: Irfan, Bhopal-based interior designer Zahida Pervez, her friend/confidant Saba Faroqui, Saqib Ali (Danger) and a suspected killer, Tabish Khan.
CBI alleged that Pervez got Shehla killed out of jealousy, as she could not stand latter`s growing closeness to BJP MLA Dhruv Narayan Singh.
The BJP MLA has been questioned extensively by the CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet