Murder weapon found in Shehla murder case
New Delhi/Bhopal: The CBI on Sunday said that the weapon used in the murder of RTI Activist Shehla Masood has been recovered at the instance of Saqib Ali who is accused of hiring contract killers to murder her.
A CBI spokesperson said in New Delhi that the weapon, a country-made bullet, was recovered at the instance of Ali alias `danger` and has been since sent for forensic examination.
Ali - a local history-sheeter - is alleged to be the link between Zaheda Pervez, accused to be the main conspirator, and hired sharp-shooters Shanu Alunga and Irfan - both hailing from Kanpur to kill Shehla. He allegedly brokered a deal between the key conspirator and the shooters for Rs 5 lakh.
After Shehla was killed by the Uttar Pradesh shooters, Zaheda paid the duo Rs three lakh, CBI sources said.
So far, five persons have been arrested in the case: Irfan, Bhopal-based interior designer Zahida Pervez, her friend/confidant Saba Faroqui, Saqib Ali (Danger) and a suspected killer, Tabish Khan.
CBI alleged that Pervez got Shehla killed out of jealousy, as she could not stand latter`s growing closeness to BJP MLA Dhruv Narayan Singh.
The BJP MLA has been questioned extensively by the CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh