Muslims shifting toward BJP: Shahnawaz Hussain
Bhopal: BJP MP Shahnawaz Hussain on Sunday
said that the Muslims were gravitating toward BJP as they have
now "understood" the true face of Congress.
"The wrong impression, created by the Congress
regarding BJP among Muslims, has become the thing of the past
and the minority community is now understanding us (BJP)
well," BJP spokesman and MP, Shahnawaz Hussain, told reporters
in an informal chat here.
Under the leadership of chief minister Shivraj Singh
Chouhan, Muslims are safe in Madhya Pradesh, Hussain said,
adding that the minority community was reaping benefits of the
social welfare schemes being launched by the state government.
Steps undertaken by the Chouhan government were being
lauded across the country and the example of MP was even being
touted in Bihar. The entire population of Madhya Pradesh was
equal for Chouhan, he said while addressing a function
organised by the BJP Minority Cell here.
To a query, the former union minister said that the
Congress was adopting double standards on Sachar Committee
report, adding that party president Nitin Gadkari had shot
off a letter pertaining to the report to the government.
Hussain said that the Chouhan government might free
the Waqf properties from the clutches of Congress leaders in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?