Muslims to vote for BJP during MP assembly polls, says BJP
Bhopal: BJP National Vice-President Prabhat Jha claimed here on Monday that Muslims in large numbers would vote for his party during this year`s assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh.
The BJP Vice-President told reporters that he held this view because Muslims were impressed with the good work done for them by Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s government.
Prabhat said that Muslims in large number had turned out to greet Chouhan`s `Jan Ashirwad Yatra` and added that this is an indication that they would vote for the BJP.
He said that during Akhilesh Yadav`s one-year rule, Uttar Pradesh had witnessed a total of 104 communal riots which was not the case in Madhya Pradesh.
He said that various schemes being run by the Madhya Pradesh government had benefitted all sections of society.
"Nobody was discriminated against and this has impressed Muslims," Prabhat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets