Narayan Sai still absconding; Gujarat police raid Asaram`s Ratlam ashram
Zee Media Bureau
Ratlam: Speeding up their hunt for Narayan Sai, the Gujarat police on Thursday raided an ashram of controversial godman Asaram Bapu, who is in jail on charges of sexual assault, here in Madhya Pradesh.
The Gujarat and Delhi Police had combined their forces in searching Najafgarh in south and Rohini in west Delhi on Tuesday night for the son of Asaram, who has been on the run since a complaint of rape was filed against him in Surat on October 06.
The complaint was filed by a 30-year-old woman, who alleged that Narayan Sai raped her between 2001 to 2005.
Two sisters, who lived in Surat, have filed rape complaints against Asaram Bapu and Narayan Sai at different police stations in Gujarat. They alleged they were raped by the duo during their stay in the ashram in mid-2000s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre