Narayan Sai still absconding; Gujarat police raid Asaram`s Ratlam ashram
Zee Media Bureau
Ratlam: Speeding up their hunt for Narayan Sai, the Gujarat police on Thursday raided an ashram of controversial godman Asaram Bapu, who is in jail on charges of sexual assault, here in Madhya Pradesh.
The Gujarat and Delhi Police had combined their forces in searching Najafgarh in south and Rohini in west Delhi on Tuesday night for the son of Asaram, who has been on the run since a complaint of rape was filed against him in Surat on October 06.
The complaint was filed by a 30-year-old woman, who alleged that Narayan Sai raped her between 2001 to 2005.
Two sisters, who lived in Surat, have filed rape complaints against Asaram Bapu and Narayan Sai at different police stations in Gujarat. They alleged they were raped by the duo during their stay in the ashram in mid-2000s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch