Narayan Sai still absconding; Gujarat police raid Asaram`s Ratlam ashram
Zee Media Bureau
Ratlam: Speeding up their hunt for Narayan Sai, the Gujarat police on Thursday raided an ashram of controversial godman Asaram Bapu, who is in jail on charges of sexual assault, here in Madhya Pradesh.
The Gujarat and Delhi Police had combined their forces in searching Najafgarh in south and Rohini in west Delhi on Tuesday night for the son of Asaram, who has been on the run since a complaint of rape was filed against him in Surat on October 06.
The complaint was filed by a 30-year-old woman, who alleged that Narayan Sai raped her between 2001 to 2005.
Two sisters, who lived in Surat, have filed rape complaints against Asaram Bapu and Narayan Sai at different police stations in Gujarat. They alleged they were raped by the duo during their stay in the ashram in mid-2000s.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed