Narendra Modi, Advani expected to attend BJP meet in MP
Bhopal: BJP patriarch LK Advani and its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi are expected to share the dais at a party workers` meet in poll-bound Madhya Pradesh on September 25.
Other prominent BJP leaders, including Arun Jaitley, Ananth Kumar, Venkaiah Naidu, Sushma Swaraj and former chief ministers of Madhya Pradesh, would also attend the sammelan at Jamboree Maidan here, state party unit spokesman Hitesh Vajpeyi said here today.
Arrangements were being made to ensure that the event becomes a grand success, he said.
BJP workers from all over Madhya Pradesh will attend the event, which would be the biggest function of its kind before the state Assembly elections slated later this year, he said.
A similar sammelan was held before the 2008 Assembly elections also and that time LK Advani had addressed it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends