Narendra Modi, Advani expected to attend BJP meet in MP
Bhopal: BJP patriarch LK Advani and its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi are expected to share the dais at a party workers` meet in poll-bound Madhya Pradesh on September 25.
Other prominent BJP leaders, including Arun Jaitley, Ananth Kumar, Venkaiah Naidu, Sushma Swaraj and former chief ministers of Madhya Pradesh, would also attend the sammelan at Jamboree Maidan here, state party unit spokesman Hitesh Vajpeyi said here today.
Arrangements were being made to ensure that the event becomes a grand success, he said.
BJP workers from all over Madhya Pradesh will attend the event, which would be the biggest function of its kind before the state Assembly elections slated later this year, he said.
A similar sammelan was held before the 2008 Assembly elections also and that time LK Advani had addressed it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016