Narendra Modi is partisan of the rich: Digvijay Singh
Indore: Taking on BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi for questioning UPA`s ambitious food security scheme, Congress leader Digvijay Singh today said the Gujarat Chief Minister has a pro-rich development plank.
Modi, at a rally in Kanpur yesterday, had raised questions about the Food Security Act.
"Modi is not pro-poor, but is a partisan of the rich and his Gujarat model of development is also based on this principle where the poor get poorer while rich become richer," the party`s General Secretary said here.
On Modi`s statement that Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi was born with a silver spoon, Digvijay said, "If that is the case then Modi should also tell the people where the senior BJP leader Vasundhara Raje was born."
He also said that though delayed, the announcement of most of the Congress candidates for Assembly polls would be made between October 25-30.
Congress is not waiting for BJP to declare its list, he said.
- Tamil Nadu Assembly Elections: Did DMK use Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' teaser to target AIADMK, Jayalalithaa over Chennai floods?
- Asthma attack without an inhaler: First aid tips – Watch!
- Murtaza Ahmedi: 5-year-old Lionel Messi fan's family forced to leave Afghanistan after threat calls
- SEAL death shows growing risks US troops face in Iraq, Syria
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma go 'Tamatar' hunting on 'Sultan' sets—Watch videos!