Narendra Modi to campaign extensively for BJP in MP
Bhopal: Ahead of the Assembly Elections in Madhya Pradesh, BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi is expected to address ten poll meetings to liven up the state poll campaign.
"We have planned ten public meetings of Modi in major towns of the state before the November 25 Assembly polls," BJP state unit poll campaign committee chairman and MP, Anil Dave said on Friday.
"The places where these meetings would take place will be known shortly after security clearance," Dave said.
"In all probability the meetings would be organised at divisional headquarters level so that it will have an impact on wider areas of the region before polls," he said.
"The meetings are likely to be held between November 18 and 23," Dave said.
Modi had addressed a `Karyakarta Mahakumbh` (meeting of booth-level workers) on September 25 in Bhopal, which was the last major show of the ruling BJP in the state before the enforcement of the model code of conduct.
Besides Modi, the party has also decided to field former Chief Minister Uma Bharti for campaigning extensively in the state ahead of polls.
The campaign schedule of Bharti, who according to Dave is a "deadly combination of saffron, OBC, woman and a powerful orator," would help BJP in convincing voters to exercise their franchise for the party in a major way.
State Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has covered almost all the 230 seats in the state by taking out his `Janashirwad Yatra`, highlighting his government`s achievements in the last 10 years.
Apart from them, the other top leaders to campaign in an aggressive manner for the polls include party`s star campaigners - L K Advani, BJP President Rajnath Singh, Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha and Vidisha MP Sushma Swaraj and Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha, Arun Jaitley.
Film stars-turned-MPs Shatrughan Sinha and Hema Malini will also add colour to the BJP`s campaign as star campaigners before the state goes for polls.
The party is gearing up to stake claim for a hat-trick in the state where it has been in power for the last two consecutive terms.
Former BJP presidents Nitin Gadkari, Murli Manohar Joshi and Venkaiah Naidu, leaders like Anant Kumar, Ramlal, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh, Ravi Shankar Prasad, ex-Chief Ministers Sunderlal Patwa and Kailash Joshi, Shanawaz Hussain, Arjun Munda, Smriti Irani, state BJP unit president Narendra Singh Tomar, party vice president Prabhat Jha, Sumitra Mahajan and Dilip Singh Bhuria are also expected to separately campaign for the party in the state.
The only minister from the Shivraj Cabinet who figures in the list of star campaigners is state industries minister Kailash Vijaywargiya, who is contesting again from Mhow seat in Indore district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!