Narendra Modi`s fast not a political stunt: MP CM
Beijing: Describing his Gujarat counterpart
Narendra Modi as "dynamic" and "progressive", Madhya Pradesh
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said his fast cannot be
dubbed a political stunt as it was the result of the "hurt" he
"After the Supreme Court decision, I don`t think Narendra
Bhai is under scanner. Continuous allegations (on his handling
of Gujarat riots) have definitely hurt him. Therefore, if he
undertakes a fast, it should not be taken otherwise," Chouhan
said talking with reporters on Saturday night.
He was asked to comment on claims that Modi`s three-day
fast was a political stunt.
Chouhan, who is here on an official visit, said Modi was a
"dynamic" and "progressive" leader and claimed that despite
"some people" making an issue out of Gujarat riots, members of
the minority community in the state "agree" that their
interests are safe there and that their income levels are
"The development in Gujarat is all encompassing...Modi is
doing good work. But some people are creating an issue (on his
role in the riots)," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Waiting movie review: Naseer, Kalki add heft to this homage to humanism
- Pakistani beauty Saba Qamar to star opposite Irrfan Khan in 'Hindi Medium': First look OUT!
- PMO counters criticism on 'rehashed' schemes under Narendra Modi government
- Watch: NASA releases 'Metabolomics: You Are What You Eat' video!
- Women's World Boxing Championship: Sonia Lather settles for silver, loses to Italian Alessia Mesiano in 57kg final