Narendra Modi`s fast not a political stunt: MP CM
Beijing: Describing his Gujarat counterpart
Narendra Modi as "dynamic" and "progressive", Madhya Pradesh
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said his fast cannot be
dubbed a political stunt as it was the result of the "hurt" he
"After the Supreme Court decision, I don`t think Narendra
Bhai is under scanner. Continuous allegations (on his handling
of Gujarat riots) have definitely hurt him. Therefore, if he
undertakes a fast, it should not be taken otherwise," Chouhan
said talking with reporters on Saturday night.
He was asked to comment on claims that Modi`s three-day
fast was a political stunt.
Chouhan, who is here on an official visit, said Modi was a
"dynamic" and "progressive" leader and claimed that despite
"some people" making an issue out of Gujarat riots, members of
the minority community in the state "agree" that their
interests are safe there and that their income levels are
"The development in Gujarat is all encompassing...Modi is
doing good work. But some people are creating an issue (on his
role in the riots)," he said.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Panic button issue: Ravi Shankar Prasad to discuss pricing concern with mobile phone makers
- PM Narendra Modi's wax statue unveiled at Madame Tussaud's Museum, London - Watch video
- UNBELIEVABLE: How this man uses his leg as bait to catch anaconda will shock you! - WATCH
- More trouble for Vijay Mallya as India seeks his deportation from UK
- Double blow for Rising Pune Supergiants: After Kevin Pietersen, Faf du Plessis out of IPL 2016