Narmada action plan: Gaur calls on Kamalnath
Bhopal: Bhopal Gas Tragedy Relief and Rehabilitation Minister, Babulal Gaur called on Union Urban Development Minister Kamalnath in New Delhi on Monday and handed over to him an action plan for the Narmada river conservation by the Madhya Pradesh Urban Administration and Development department.
The Minister said Narmada`s water was getting polluted rapidly and added that its condition will become more critical in next 10-20 years.
He also expressed concern over decreasing quality of Narmada water and said that the river is getting polluted as a result of fast-paced urbanisation and increase in the number of tourists.
At several places like Omkareshwar, Maheshwar, Amarkantak etc. Filthy effluents are disposed of in the river itself. As per a rough estimate, about 500 tonnes of solid waste from 53 cities falls into Narmada daily.
Meanwhile, an official release said here today that Gaur has demanded funds to the tune of Rs 1298.87 crore for solid waste management, sewerage, construction of rain-fed drains and nullahs, cleanliness and plantation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh