Narmada action plan: Gaur calls on Kamalnath
Bhopal: Bhopal Gas Tragedy Relief and Rehabilitation Minister, Babulal Gaur called on Union Urban Development Minister Kamalnath in New Delhi on Monday and handed over to him an action plan for the Narmada river conservation by the Madhya Pradesh Urban Administration and Development department.
The Minister said Narmada`s water was getting polluted rapidly and added that its condition will become more critical in next 10-20 years.
He also expressed concern over decreasing quality of Narmada water and said that the river is getting polluted as a result of fast-paced urbanisation and increase in the number of tourists.
At several places like Omkareshwar, Maheshwar, Amarkantak etc. Filthy effluents are disposed of in the river itself. As per a rough estimate, about 500 tonnes of solid waste from 53 cities falls into Narmada daily.
Meanwhile, an official release said here today that Gaur has demanded funds to the tune of Rs 1298.87 crore for solid waste management, sewerage, construction of rain-fed drains and nullahs, cleanliness and plantation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie