National e-Governance award for Madhya Pradesh
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh has been conferred upon the prestigious National e-Governance Gold Award for 2012-13, for its `Sparsh Abhiyan` aimed towards the disabled and the aged.
The state will receive the award at Jaipur during the two-day 16th National e-Governance Conference starting Monday.
`Sparsh Abhiyan` is a special programme for rehabilitation and empowerment of the disabled, aged and the destitute.
Madhya Pradesh will be honoured in the "Focus Sector" category for this innovative programme of its own kind.
The award will be given jointly to Directorate of Social Justice, Madhya Pradesh and National Informatics Centre, Madhya Pradesh, an official release said here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Poll defeat triggers infighting in Congress? Now, Satyavrat Chaturvedi attacks Digvijaya Singh
- READ: Virender Sehwag's important message to parents, students after CBSE class 12 results
- Hangul, the rare Kashmir deer, may soon go extinct
- Twitter war: Verbal duel between Smriti Irani and Congress' Priyanka Chaturvedi - Know what happened
- WATCH: DD vs RCB highlights - Virat Kohli steals show with match-winning knock