National e-Governance award for Madhya Pradesh
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh has been conferred upon the prestigious National e-Governance Gold Award for 2012-13, for its `Sparsh Abhiyan` aimed towards the disabled and the aged.
The state will receive the award at Jaipur during the two-day 16th National e-Governance Conference starting Monday.
`Sparsh Abhiyan` is a special programme for rehabilitation and empowerment of the disabled, aged and the destitute.
Madhya Pradesh will be honoured in the "Focus Sector" category for this innovative programme of its own kind.
The award will be given jointly to Directorate of Social Justice, Madhya Pradesh and National Informatics Centre, Madhya Pradesh, an official release said here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : Dr. Subhash Chandra Show on tips for successful life
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death