National e-Governance award for Madhya Pradesh
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh has been conferred upon the prestigious National e-Governance Gold Award for 2012-13, for its `Sparsh Abhiyan` aimed towards the disabled and the aged.
The state will receive the award at Jaipur during the two-day 16th National e-Governance Conference starting Monday.
`Sparsh Abhiyan` is a special programme for rehabilitation and empowerment of the disabled, aged and the destitute.
Madhya Pradesh will be honoured in the "Focus Sector" category for this innovative programme of its own kind.
The award will be given jointly to Directorate of Social Justice, Madhya Pradesh and National Informatics Centre, Madhya Pradesh, an official release said here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- More than 8 lakh people affected by flood in UP
- Virender Sehwag fulfills Sakshi Malik's desire to meet him; this tweet tells how GLAD he is
- Asked to remove pugree at US embassy, BJP MP refuses to take visa
- Pink Ball Test: Jury still out on sighting, no reverse swing for pacers or turn for spinners
- RCom-Aircel expected to sign merger deal by Sept 1st week