National e-Governance award for Madhya Pradesh
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh has been conferred upon the prestigious National e-Governance Gold Award for 2012-13, for its `Sparsh Abhiyan` aimed towards the disabled and the aged.
The state will receive the award at Jaipur during the two-day 16th National e-Governance Conference starting Monday.
`Sparsh Abhiyan` is a special programme for rehabilitation and empowerment of the disabled, aged and the destitute.
Madhya Pradesh will be honoured in the "Focus Sector" category for this innovative programme of its own kind.
The award will be given jointly to Directorate of Social Justice, Madhya Pradesh and National Informatics Centre, Madhya Pradesh, an official release said here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok