National e-Governance award for Madhya Pradesh
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh has been conferred upon the prestigious National e-Governance Gold Award for 2012-13, for its `Sparsh Abhiyan` aimed towards the disabled and the aged.
The state will receive the award at Jaipur during the two-day 16th National e-Governance Conference starting Monday.
`Sparsh Abhiyan` is a special programme for rehabilitation and empowerment of the disabled, aged and the destitute.
Madhya Pradesh will be honoured in the "Focus Sector" category for this innovative programme of its own kind.
The award will be given jointly to Directorate of Social Justice, Madhya Pradesh and National Informatics Centre, Madhya Pradesh, an official release said here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?