National flag mounted upside down on MP Dy Speaker`s vehicle
Seoni (MP): The national flag was found allegedly mounted upside down on the official vehicle of Madhya Pradesh Assembly Deputy Speaker Harvansh Singh when he arrived for a public function here on Sunday, officials said.
Singh had come to take part in the public information campaign of the Centre`s Bharat Nirman programme, when his vehicle with red beacon light, was spotted with the national flag that was mounted in a wrong way, they said.
When the mediapersons drew his attention towards it, Singh said the vehicle was provided to him by the district administration officials as part of protocol.
Singh said that he did not notice the mistake and added that it must have happened accidentally.
After the matter was brought to light, Singh immediately directed the officials concerned to rectify the mistake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls