Naveen Jindal unfurls MP`s first monumental flag
Bhopal: Member of Parliament Naveen Jindal
on Wednesday unfurled Madhya Pradesh`s first monumental flag (large
size tricolour) that also flies during night, at Neori hill
here as part of celebrations organised to mark the 21st
raising day of Army`s Sudarshan Chakra Corps here.
The 20x30 ft monumental flag donated by industrialist and
Flag Foundation of India (FFI) President Jindal, was put up on
the 100 ft mast.
With this, the number of monumental flags flying at 100
ft has gone upto to 20 in the country.
In his address, Jindal recalled that he fought a long
battle after which every citizen got the right to hoist the
national flag at their private places.
He said that his legal battle started after the flag
hoisted by him at his factory premises in Raigarh (now in
Chhattisgarh) was brought down by the government officials in
Six flagpoles of 206 ft each have been installed by
the FFI in the country so far. Five of them were installed in
Haryana while one was in Orissa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...