Naveen Jindal unfurls MP`s first monumental flag
Bhopal: Member of Parliament Naveen Jindal
on Wednesday unfurled Madhya Pradesh`s first monumental flag (large
size tricolour) that also flies during night, at Neori hill
here as part of celebrations organised to mark the 21st
raising day of Army`s Sudarshan Chakra Corps here.
The 20x30 ft monumental flag donated by industrialist and
Flag Foundation of India (FFI) President Jindal, was put up on
the 100 ft mast.
With this, the number of monumental flags flying at 100
ft has gone upto to 20 in the country.
In his address, Jindal recalled that he fought a long
battle after which every citizen got the right to hoist the
national flag at their private places.
He said that his legal battle started after the flag
hoisted by him at his factory premises in Raigarh (now in
Chhattisgarh) was brought down by the government officials in
Six flagpoles of 206 ft each have been installed by
the FFI in the country so far. Five of them were installed in
Haryana while one was in Orissa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!