Naveen Jindal unfurls MP`s first monumental flag
Bhopal: Member of Parliament Naveen Jindal
on Wednesday unfurled Madhya Pradesh`s first monumental flag (large
size tricolour) that also flies during night, at Neori hill
here as part of celebrations organised to mark the 21st
raising day of Army`s Sudarshan Chakra Corps here.
The 20x30 ft monumental flag donated by industrialist and
Flag Foundation of India (FFI) President Jindal, was put up on
the 100 ft mast.
With this, the number of monumental flags flying at 100
ft has gone upto to 20 in the country.
In his address, Jindal recalled that he fought a long
battle after which every citizen got the right to hoist the
national flag at their private places.
He said that his legal battle started after the flag
hoisted by him at his factory premises in Raigarh (now in
Chhattisgarh) was brought down by the government officials in
Six flagpoles of 206 ft each have been installed by
the FFI in the country so far. Five of them were installed in
Haryana while one was in Orissa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’