Naxal attack: Congress observes bandh in MP
Bhopal: The day-long Madhya Pradesh bandh call given by the Congress to protest Saturday`s Naxal attack on its leaders in Chhattisgarh was a success, the party said.
"Barring few incidents of police action against the Congress workers, the bandh was successful throughout the state," state Congress media department chairman Manak Agrawal said.
The bandh was from morning to 2 in the afternoon.
Reports from Indore, Jabalpur, Gwalior, Rewa, Ujjain, Dhar, Guna and Bhopal regions said that people on their own supported the bandh,
Agrawal said, adding that essential services had been left out.
In the state capital Bhopal, minor clashes took place between police and Congress workers in MP Nagar area and some workers were injured, he said.
He also demanded that Government should provide `Z` category security to the state Congress chief Kantilal Bhuria and the Leader of Opposition in Assembly Ajay Singh in view of threat to the lives of these leaders.
On May 25, Maoists ambushed a convoy of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh`s south Bastar area, killing 27 people including PCC chief Nand Kumar Patel, his son Dinesh, Congress leader Mahendra Karma and ex-MLA Uday Mudliyar, and injuring 32 others, including former Union Minister V C Shukla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!