Naxal issue can be resolved through dialogue: Laxman Singh
Bhopal: Naxal menace in the country can be controlled through a proper dialogue between the government and the ultras, Madhya Pradesh Congress vice president has said.
"I feel that a solution to the naxal problem can be achieved only if there is some dialogue," Laxman Singh told reporters here last evening.
The "blame game" and "guns" would not help in resolving the vexed issue, Laxman said, adding that there was a need to rise above politics in such matters.
He said it was unbelievable that any politician could be behind the May 25 deadly naxal attack in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district in which 28 people, including the neighbouring state`s senior Congress leaders, were killed.
"In India, politics has not gone down to such a mean level," said Laxman, who is younger brother of Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh.
The leader also expressed his wish to contest the Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections, slated around year-end, from the Chachoda seat in Guna district.
However, he would abide by the party`s decision and contest from wherever he is given a ticket, Singh added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know