Naxal issue can be resolved through dialogue: Laxman Singh
Bhopal: Naxal menace in the country can be controlled through a proper dialogue between the government and the ultras, Madhya Pradesh Congress vice president has said.
"I feel that a solution to the naxal problem can be achieved only if there is some dialogue," Laxman Singh told reporters here last evening.
The "blame game" and "guns" would not help in resolving the vexed issue, Laxman said, adding that there was a need to rise above politics in such matters.
He said it was unbelievable that any politician could be behind the May 25 deadly naxal attack in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district in which 28 people, including the neighbouring state`s senior Congress leaders, were killed.
"In India, politics has not gone down to such a mean level," said Laxman, who is younger brother of Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh.
The leader also expressed his wish to contest the Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections, slated around year-end, from the Chachoda seat in Guna district.
However, he would abide by the party`s decision and contest from wherever he is given a ticket, Singh added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan