Naxal issue can be resolved through dialogue: Laxman Singh
Bhopal: Naxal menace in the country can be controlled through a proper dialogue between the government and the ultras, Madhya Pradesh Congress vice president has said.
"I feel that a solution to the naxal problem can be achieved only if there is some dialogue," Laxman Singh told reporters here last evening.
The "blame game" and "guns" would not help in resolving the vexed issue, Laxman said, adding that there was a need to rise above politics in such matters.
He said it was unbelievable that any politician could be behind the May 25 deadly naxal attack in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district in which 28 people, including the neighbouring state`s senior Congress leaders, were killed.
"In India, politics has not gone down to such a mean level," said Laxman, who is younger brother of Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh.
The leader also expressed his wish to contest the Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections, slated around year-end, from the Chachoda seat in Guna district.
However, he would abide by the party`s decision and contest from wherever he is given a ticket, Singh added.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why