NBA opposes filling of Maheshwar dam
Bhopal: The Narmada Bachao Andolan (NBA) today demanded that the permission given by Union Ministry of Environment and Forest to a private firm for filling the Maheshwar dam upto a height of 154 meters should be immediately withdrawn.
The permission granted to M/s S Kumars for filling the dam was based on false information given by the company, the Madhya Pradesh government and the Khargone collector, NBA leader Alok Agrawal alleged while talking to reporters here.
On August 27 last year, the company had illegally filled the dam upto a level of 154 metres, because of which many houses and fields in various villages were submerged.
The permission could lead to risking the lives of people, he said, adding that a protest rally against it would be held on May 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez