NBA raises pitch against Maheshwar power project
Bhopal: Narmada Bachao Andolan (NBA) on Monday asked promoters of upcoming Maheshwar power project in Madhya Pradesh to comply with the report of Environment ministry and rehabilitate displaced people before going ahead with the construction work of the project.
"The committee set up by the Ministry of Environment and Forests has submitted its report to the the National Green Tribunal stating that no further filling up of the dam can be allowed unless the project-affected people are resettled", NBA leader Alok Agarwal claimed in a press conference here.
He alleged that the concerned private contractor has failed to release the requisite amount needed for rehabilitation and resettlement of as many as 10,000 families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH