NBA raises pitch against Maheshwar power project
Bhopal: Narmada Bachao Andolan (NBA) on Monday asked promoters of upcoming Maheshwar power project in Madhya Pradesh to comply with the report of Environment ministry and rehabilitate displaced people before going ahead with the construction work of the project.
"The committee set up by the Ministry of Environment and Forests has submitted its report to the the National Green Tribunal stating that no further filling up of the dam can be allowed unless the project-affected people are resettled", NBA leader Alok Agarwal claimed in a press conference here.
He alleged that the concerned private contractor has failed to release the requisite amount needed for rehabilitation and resettlement of as many as 10,000 families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog