NBA raises pitch against Maheshwar power project
Bhopal: Narmada Bachao Andolan (NBA) on Monday asked promoters of upcoming Maheshwar power project in Madhya Pradesh to comply with the report of Environment ministry and rehabilitate displaced people before going ahead with the construction work of the project.
"The committee set up by the Ministry of Environment and Forests has submitted its report to the the National Green Tribunal stating that no further filling up of the dam can be allowed unless the project-affected people are resettled", NBA leader Alok Agarwal claimed in a press conference here.
He alleged that the concerned private contractor has failed to release the requisite amount needed for rehabilitation and resettlement of as many as 10,000 families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!