‘NBA rally against Maheshwar project was a flop’
Bhopal: The Shree Maheshwar Hydel Power Corporation Limited (SMHPCL) on Tuesday described the Narmada Bachao Andolan (NBA) rally against the Maheshwar project at Mandleshwar as a `damp squib`.
A statement from SMHPCL said here today that very thin presence of people in the rally, held on Sunday, was an indication of the NBA`s nemesis in Madhya Pradesh.
It said that the NBA had to bring people to the rally venue from places as far as Khandwa and other far-flung areas which are far away from Maheshwar project affected regions speaks about the failure of the rally.
The statement said the weakening support base of the NBA in Maheshwar project affected area is also reflected by the fact that the anti-dam activists had to shift their base from Mandleshwar to Khandwa long back.
"We strongly refute the allegation of the Narmada Bachao Andolan about its claim on submergence and reiterate that no villager in the submergence affected villages would suffer on account of filling of water level in Maheshwar dam reservoir up to 154 meters," it said.
The SMHPCL said it wants to reassure the villagers that filling of water in the reservoir of Maheshwar dam would be commenced in the presence of competent body to be constituted by both the central and the state governments and it would be ensured that the project affected villagers are not denied of their legitimate claims.
Regarding the allegation of costly electricity tariff from Maheshwar project, the statement clarified that tariff of the electricity of the project is a subject matter which will be decided by the MPSEB, Regulatory Commission and the company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report