NCW slams Chouhan, 3 MP ministers for skipping women prog
Bhopal: The National Commission for Women Chairperson Mamta Sharma has expressed her displeasure over Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and three of his ministerial colleagues skipping a programme to release guidelines for women here.
Miffed over Chouhan and his cabinet colleagues Home Minister Uma Shanker Gupta, Health Minsiter Narottam Mishra and Women and Child Development Minsiter Ranjana Baghel, the NCW chief said here last evening that their action reflected their "double-speak."
On the one side they talk of women empowerment while on the other side they show such gross insensivity to their issues, Sharma alleged.
She said that the crime graph in the Madhya Pradesh was shooting so high that the NCW had to appoint a member separately to deal with the cases in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'