Nearly 5,000 villages in MP without power: Study
Bhopal: Close to 5,000 villages in Madhya
Pradesh do not have electricity while in another 3,000-odd
villages, less than 10 per cent of households have access
to power, according to a latest study.
The study by Madhya Pradesh Planning Commission on
`Status of Rural Electrification`, said Panna district was the
worst performer and 71 per cent of the villages here do not
have power followed by Sidhi district (68.53 per cent).
There are 50 districts in the state out of which 11 have
poor record of providing electricity to villages, it said.
The districts of Rewa, Shahdol, Shivpuri, Bhind, Satna,
Guna, Vidisha, Jhabua and Raisen are among those who have a
However, Bhopal, Harda, Neemuch, Indore, Shajapur, Dewas,
Ujjain, Sehore, Mandsaur, Gwalior and Rajgarh districts have
done well and electricity has reached in almost every village
there, the study said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley