‘Never asked Cong workers to emulate Narendra Modi’
Bhopal: Congress leader Ajay Singh on Sunday clarified that he never asked his partymen to emulate Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Singh told a news agency here that the media reports, which said that during the state Congress meeting ended last evening he asked party men to follow Narendra Modi, were "incorrect".
"There was simply no question of my praising or even asking anyone to emulate Modi," the Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly said, adding that he and Modi had very different ideologies.
"I come from a family which has always opposed fascism and hence there was no way I can say anything good for a fascist like Modi," Ajay said.
He said he had merely asked the Congressmen to go back to their roots and try and meet people in each and every village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- PHOTOS: BRUTAL! Randy Orton receives 10 staples after Brock Lesnar's assault at SummerSlam
- Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag appeals for peace in Kashmir
- Start dialogue process for peace in Kashmir, Ghulam Nabi Azad tells government
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan to be Sabyasachi's showstopper at LFW finale?
- This is what Arvind Kejriwal said for PM Narendra Modi after sedition case against Ramya