‘Never asked Cong workers to emulate Narendra Modi’
Bhopal: Congress leader Ajay Singh on Sunday clarified that he never asked his partymen to emulate Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Singh told a news agency here that the media reports, which said that during the state Congress meeting ended last evening he asked party men to follow Narendra Modi, were "incorrect".
"There was simply no question of my praising or even asking anyone to emulate Modi," the Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly said, adding that he and Modi had very different ideologies.
"I come from a family which has always opposed fascism and hence there was no way I can say anything good for a fascist like Modi," Ajay said.
He said he had merely asked the Congressmen to go back to their roots and try and meet people in each and every village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP