‘Never asked Cong workers to emulate Narendra Modi’
Bhopal: Congress leader Ajay Singh on Sunday clarified that he never asked his partymen to emulate Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Singh told a news agency here that the media reports, which said that during the state Congress meeting ended last evening he asked party men to follow Narendra Modi, were "incorrect".
"There was simply no question of my praising or even asking anyone to emulate Modi," the Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly said, adding that he and Modi had very different ideologies.
"I come from a family which has always opposed fascism and hence there was no way I can say anything good for a fascist like Modi," Ajay said.
He said he had merely asked the Congressmen to go back to their roots and try and meet people in each and every village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read