NGO burns effigy of Dow Chemical, govt, IOC
Bhopal: An NGO working for the cause of Union Carbide gas leak disaster on Saturday hanged and burnt effigies of International Olympic Committee for Dow Chemical`s sponsorship of the sporting event, being held in London.
NGO Bhopal Gas Peedit Mahila Udyog Sangthan also burnt effigies of Dow Chemical, Union and Madhya Pradesh governments.
The NGO convener Abdul Jabbar said both the Centre and the state government did nothing to ensure that a delegation from India does not take part in the London Olympics.
"Despite our opposition, nothing has happened and Dow Chemcial continues to sponsor London Olympics," he said.
Activists working for the victims of the 1984 gas leak tragedy are opposed to Dow Chemical as the company acquired Union Carbide later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Panel's report reignites debate over Clinton and Benghazi
- Women subjected to torture by Mexican police, armed forces: Report
- Cameron tells EU free movement reform `key` to post-Brexit ties: UK govt source
- Shocking! Teenage girl gang-raped inside Delhi school by friend, security guard
- Soon, education till Class 10 may become free