NHRC issues notice to MP over death of 25 tribal children
New Delhi: Taking a serious note of the death of 25 tribal children due to malnutrition in Madhya Pradesh, the National Human Rights Commission on Friday sought a report from the state government on the issue.
The rights body gave four weeks` time to the state Chief Secretary to file a report on the death of the tribal children due to malnutrition in August in Sheopur and Shivpuri districts, an NHRC statement said.
It also noted that if the reports were true, then it raised the issue of violation of Right to Health of children.
According to media reports, the issue was brought to light by an NGO which studied the problem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre