NHRC issues notice to MP over death of 25 tribal children
New Delhi: Taking a serious note of the death of 25 tribal children due to malnutrition in Madhya Pradesh, the National Human Rights Commission on Friday sought a report from the state government on the issue.
The rights body gave four weeks` time to the state Chief Secretary to file a report on the death of the tribal children due to malnutrition in August in Sheopur and Shivpuri districts, an NHRC statement said.
It also noted that if the reports were true, then it raised the issue of violation of Right to Health of children.
According to media reports, the issue was brought to light by an NGO which studied the problem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'