NHRC issues notice to MP over death of 25 tribal children
New Delhi: Taking a serious note of the death of 25 tribal children due to malnutrition in Madhya Pradesh, the National Human Rights Commission on Friday sought a report from the state government on the issue.
The rights body gave four weeks` time to the state Chief Secretary to file a report on the death of the tribal children due to malnutrition in August in Sheopur and Shivpuri districts, an NHRC statement said.
It also noted that if the reports were true, then it raised the issue of violation of Right to Health of children.
According to media reports, the issue was brought to light by an NGO which studied the problem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan