NHRC issues notice to MP over death of 25 tribal children
New Delhi: Taking a serious note of the death of 25 tribal children due to malnutrition in Madhya Pradesh, the National Human Rights Commission on Friday sought a report from the state government on the issue.
The rights body gave four weeks` time to the state Chief Secretary to file a report on the death of the tribal children due to malnutrition in August in Sheopur and Shivpuri districts, an NHRC statement said.
It also noted that if the reports were true, then it raised the issue of violation of Right to Health of children.
According to media reports, the issue was brought to light by an NGO which studied the problem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron