NHRC seeks report on Bhopal student`s ragging, suicide
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission Friday sought a report from the Madhya Pradesh government over the alleged suicide of a girl after being ragged by her seniors in a college in Bhopal.
"Principal secretary of department of education and training of Madhya Pradesh government and senior superintendent of police of Bhopal have been asked to submit the report in four weeks," said an NHRC official.
The girl, who was a student of RKDF College of Pharmacy, committed suicide after she was "humiliated" during ragging by her seniors Aug 6, said the official.
According to the commission, in her suicide note, the girl mentioned that teachers of the college knew about the ragging but did nothing.
The NGRC also asked the department of education and training to inform about anti-ragging steps being taken in colleges and especially in RKDF College.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy