NIA searches Samjhauta blast accused`s house in MP
Indore: A National Investigation Agency
(NIA) team on Tuesday conducted a search at the residence of the
Samjhauta Express blast accused Kamal Chouhan, at village
Moorkheda, about 35 km away from here, police sources said.
The NIA team reached the village in Depalpur area near
here today and conducted search at Chouhan`s house, who was
arrested in connection with the blast, to collect more
evidence in the case, police sources said.
The search lasted for about four hours, during which,
his family members, who are farmers, were also questioned,
Local police kept a vigil outside Chouhan`s house
during the NIA search.
However, they did not reveal the details regarding the
nature of investigation.
The blast had taken place on 18 February 2007 in the
twice-weekly Samjhauta Express train, connecting Delhi with
Lahore, killing 68 persons and injuring dozens of others.
The NIA had already charged Swami Aseemanand, Sadhvi
Pragya, Sunil Joshi (now dead), Sandeep Dange, Lokesh Sharma
and Ramchandra Kalasangra alias Ramji for triggering the
explosions in the Samjhauta Express.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered