NIA searches Samjhauta blast accused`s house in MP
Indore: A National Investigation Agency
(NIA) team on Tuesday conducted a search at the residence of the
Samjhauta Express blast accused Kamal Chouhan, at village
Moorkheda, about 35 km away from here, police sources said.
The NIA team reached the village in Depalpur area near
here today and conducted search at Chouhan`s house, who was
arrested in connection with the blast, to collect more
evidence in the case, police sources said.
The search lasted for about four hours, during which,
his family members, who are farmers, were also questioned,
Local police kept a vigil outside Chouhan`s house
during the NIA search.
However, they did not reveal the details regarding the
nature of investigation.
The blast had taken place on 18 February 2007 in the
twice-weekly Samjhauta Express train, connecting Delhi with
Lahore, killing 68 persons and injuring dozens of others.
The NIA had already charged Swami Aseemanand, Sadhvi
Pragya, Sunil Joshi (now dead), Sandeep Dange, Lokesh Sharma
and Ramchandra Kalasangra alias Ramji for triggering the
explosions in the Samjhauta Express.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars