Night curfew in Raisen
Raisen: A night curfew was imposed in Raisen town following fresh tension, police said.
The curfew was imposed from 9 PM tonight and would be in force till 6 AM on Friday.
Curfew, which had been imposed since yesterday, was relaxed for four hours each in two phases today during which two groups again came out to protest, prompting the District Collector to impose night curfew, they said.
It was imposed at Raisen when two groups had clashed over elopement of two Dalit girls with persons who belonged to a different community. Later, some Bajrang Dal workers created ruckus leading to tension in the town, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- UN chief voices concern over Turkey situation
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic
- WATCH: How Sri Lanka's mystery spinner Lakshan Sandakan left Australia spellbound
- Antibodies that protect against Zika virus in mice identified, claim scientists
- Rio Olympics 2016: India to start with a bang