Night curfew in Raisen
Raisen: A night curfew was imposed in Raisen town following fresh tension, police said.
The curfew was imposed from 9 PM tonight and would be in force till 6 AM on Friday.
Curfew, which had been imposed since yesterday, was relaxed for four hours each in two phases today during which two groups again came out to protest, prompting the District Collector to impose night curfew, they said.
It was imposed at Raisen when two groups had clashed over elopement of two Dalit girls with persons who belonged to a different community. Later, some Bajrang Dal workers created ruckus leading to tension in the town, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre