Night curfew in Raisen
Raisen: A night curfew was imposed in Raisen town following fresh tension, police said.
The curfew was imposed from 9 PM tonight and would be in force till 6 AM on Friday.
Curfew, which had been imposed since yesterday, was relaxed for four hours each in two phases today during which two groups again came out to protest, prompting the District Collector to impose night curfew, they said.
It was imposed at Raisen when two groups had clashed over elopement of two Dalit girls with persons who belonged to a different community. Later, some Bajrang Dal workers created ruckus leading to tension in the town, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player