Nine-year-old girl gang raped in MP, two accused arrested
Shahdol: In yet another incident of sexual assault on children in Madhya Pradesh, a nine-year-old girl was allegedly gang raped by two persons at Akhetpur village here, police said on Wednesday.
The victim, a fourth grade student had gone to a nearby jungle yesterday for grazing goats and was returning home when she was stopped by accused Mahendra Kol and Amit Kol, who took turns to rape her, they said.
The bleeding victim somehow managed to reach home late in the evening and narrated the ordeal to her parents.
They immediately took her to Beohari Police Station from where she was taken to a local Community Health Centre and later to Shahdol district hospital for treatment, police said.
When no improvement was noticed in her condition, she was referred to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Government Medical College in Jabalpur today.
Shahdol Superintendent of Police G G Pandey said both the accused, aged around 24, were arrested today from the village and a case under section 376 D and Section 4 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012, has been registered.
District Collector Ashok Bhargava said that Rs 5,000 was immediately sanctioned from Red Cross Fund for her treatment and he is in touch with doctors at the medical college for ensuring proper care for the minor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly