Nine-year-old girl gang raped in MP, two accused arrested
Shahdol: In yet another incident of sexual assault on children in Madhya Pradesh, a nine-year-old girl was allegedly gang raped by two persons at Akhetpur village here, police said on Wednesday.
The victim, a fourth grade student had gone to a nearby jungle yesterday for grazing goats and was returning home when she was stopped by accused Mahendra Kol and Amit Kol, who took turns to rape her, they said.
The bleeding victim somehow managed to reach home late in the evening and narrated the ordeal to her parents.
They immediately took her to Beohari Police Station from where she was taken to a local Community Health Centre and later to Shahdol district hospital for treatment, police said.
When no improvement was noticed in her condition, she was referred to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Government Medical College in Jabalpur today.
Shahdol Superintendent of Police G G Pandey said both the accused, aged around 24, were arrested today from the village and a case under section 376 D and Section 4 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012, has been registered.
District Collector Ashok Bhargava said that Rs 5,000 was immediately sanctioned from Red Cross Fund for her treatment and he is in touch with doctors at the medical college for ensuring proper care for the minor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list