Nine-year-old girl gang raped in MP, two accused arrested
Shahdol: In yet another incident of sexual assault on children in Madhya Pradesh, a nine-year-old girl was allegedly gang raped by two persons at Akhetpur village here, police said on Wednesday.
The victim, a fourth grade student had gone to a nearby jungle yesterday for grazing goats and was returning home when she was stopped by accused Mahendra Kol and Amit Kol, who took turns to rape her, they said.
The bleeding victim somehow managed to reach home late in the evening and narrated the ordeal to her parents.
They immediately took her to Beohari Police Station from where she was taken to a local Community Health Centre and later to Shahdol district hospital for treatment, police said.
When no improvement was noticed in her condition, she was referred to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Government Medical College in Jabalpur today.
Shahdol Superintendent of Police G G Pandey said both the accused, aged around 24, were arrested today from the village and a case under section 376 D and Section 4 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012, has been registered.
District Collector Ashok Bhargava said that Rs 5,000 was immediately sanctioned from Red Cross Fund for her treatment and he is in touch with doctors at the medical college for ensuring proper care for the minor.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Vijay Mallya says in forced exile, no plans to return to India
- Now, 'Find Time' for your meetings using Google Calendar
- Cancel your train ticket on phone or via SMS through these easy steps
- Not getting visa? This Balaji temple can help you fly abroad
- Rahul Gandhi visits ailing Sushma Swaraj at AIIMS