Nine-year-old girl raped, murdered in MP
Khandwa: A nine-year-old girl was allegedly raped and murdered by her father`s friend at Surgaon Joshi village, about five km away from here, police said on Friday.
The incident took place on Wednesday, they said.
According to police, the victim, daughter of a watchman had gone to a nearby shop for some work, where the accused, identified as Anokhi (22) was also present. After she left the place, he followed her, investigating police officer Manokamna Prasad told reporters.
The girl went missing after that and when she did not return home at night, her father approached the police. He told police that he suspected Anokhi might have kidnapped her.
The girl`s body was later recovered from a forest near the village and prima facie it appears to be a case of rape and murder, police said adding that the body was sent for autopsy, police said.
Meanwhile, police have also launched a hunt to nab Anokhi, who was also missing since then and registered a case of kidnapping, rape and murder against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites