Nine-year-old girl raped, murdered in MP
Khandwa: A nine-year-old girl was allegedly raped and murdered by her father`s friend at Surgaon Joshi village, about five km away from here, police said on Friday.
The incident took place on Wednesday, they said.
According to police, the victim, daughter of a watchman had gone to a nearby shop for some work, where the accused, identified as Anokhi (22) was also present. After she left the place, he followed her, investigating police officer Manokamna Prasad told reporters.
The girl went missing after that and when she did not return home at night, her father approached the police. He told police that he suspected Anokhi might have kidnapped her.
The girl`s body was later recovered from a forest near the village and prima facie it appears to be a case of rape and murder, police said adding that the body was sent for autopsy, police said.
Meanwhile, police have also launched a hunt to nab Anokhi, who was also missing since then and registered a case of kidnapping, rape and murder against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city