Nine-year-old girl raped, murdered in MP
Khandwa: A nine-year-old girl was allegedly raped and murdered by her father`s friend at Surgaon Joshi village, about five km away from here, police said on Friday.
The incident took place on Wednesday, they said.
According to police, the victim, daughter of a watchman had gone to a nearby shop for some work, where the accused, identified as Anokhi (22) was also present. After she left the place, he followed her, investigating police officer Manokamna Prasad told reporters.
The girl went missing after that and when she did not return home at night, her father approached the police. He told police that he suspected Anokhi might have kidnapped her.
The girl`s body was later recovered from a forest near the village and prima facie it appears to be a case of rape and murder, police said adding that the body was sent for autopsy, police said.
Meanwhile, police have also launched a hunt to nab Anokhi, who was also missing since then and registered a case of kidnapping, rape and murder against him.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma