Nine-year-old girl raped, murdered in MP
Khandwa: A nine-year-old girl was allegedly raped and murdered by her father`s friend at Surgaon Joshi village, about five km away from here, police said on Friday.
The incident took place on Wednesday, they said.
According to police, the victim, daughter of a watchman had gone to a nearby shop for some work, where the accused, identified as Anokhi (22) was also present. After she left the place, he followed her, investigating police officer Manokamna Prasad told reporters.
The girl went missing after that and when she did not return home at night, her father approached the police. He told police that he suspected Anokhi might have kidnapped her.
The girl`s body was later recovered from a forest near the village and prima facie it appears to be a case of rape and murder, police said adding that the body was sent for autopsy, police said.
Meanwhile, police have also launched a hunt to nab Anokhi, who was also missing since then and registered a case of kidnapping, rape and murder against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured