No anti-incumbency factor against MP govt: Chouhan
Rewa(MP): Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has expressed confidence that there was no anti-incumbency factor working against his government.
The state is slated to go for the Assembly polls around year end.
"After a decade in power, the manner in which people are coming out on the streets to bless this government is the proof that we are on the right path and there is no anti-incumbency factor," Chouhan told reporters here last evening.
"The policies we introduced and implemented have worked and even influenced people to believe in us," he said.
He said that all the 230 Assembly seats in Madhya Pradesh are equal for BJP, which believes that development is the only issue.
"We feel that a person who works for the welfare of his constituency will get the advantage and support of voters," the Chief Minister said.
Chouhan said he was surprised that leaders from Congress strongholds in the past 10 years did not demand any developmental work from the BJP government.
The Congress has a "royalty fixation" in Madhya Pradesh and the party projects `rajas and maharajas` for the top slots and they hardly spend time thinking of development for the people, he said.
Congress was troubled that another defeat could spell doom for the party`s chances for a long time to come, Chouhan said.
Because of the various welfare schemes launched by his government, the BJP has struck an emotional chord with the people, the CM said.
Without naming any party or leaders, Chouhan said not much development had taken place in the Vidhya region of the state although it gave one Chief Minister and an Assembly Speaker who remained in office for 10 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- SBI to raise up to Rs 11,000 crore via debt securities
- India A skipper Manish Pandey fined for showing dissent after dismissal
- Dahi Handi festival: SC refuses to lift restrictions on height of human pyramid, calls it 'risky'
- Tiger Shroff wants to do clean, noble characters
- Divorce rates lowest among Hindus; more prevalent in Muslims, reveals latest Census data | Know details