No anti-incumbency factor against MP govt: Chouhan
Rewa(MP): Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has expressed confidence that there was no anti-incumbency factor working against his government.
The state is slated to go for the Assembly polls around year end.
"After a decade in power, the manner in which people are coming out on the streets to bless this government is the proof that we are on the right path and there is no anti-incumbency factor," Chouhan told reporters here last evening.
"The policies we introduced and implemented have worked and even influenced people to believe in us," he said.
He said that all the 230 Assembly seats in Madhya Pradesh are equal for BJP, which believes that development is the only issue.
"We feel that a person who works for the welfare of his constituency will get the advantage and support of voters," the Chief Minister said.
Chouhan said he was surprised that leaders from Congress strongholds in the past 10 years did not demand any developmental work from the BJP government.
The Congress has a "royalty fixation" in Madhya Pradesh and the party projects `rajas and maharajas` for the top slots and they hardly spend time thinking of development for the people, he said.
Congress was troubled that another defeat could spell doom for the party`s chances for a long time to come, Chouhan said.
Because of the various welfare schemes launched by his government, the BJP has struck an emotional chord with the people, the CM said.
Without naming any party or leaders, Chouhan said not much development had taken place in the Vidhya region of the state although it gave one Chief Minister and an Assembly Speaker who remained in office for 10 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America