No factionalism in MP Congress: State party chief
Shivpuri: Congress General Secretary and in-charge of Madhya Pradesh Mohan Prakash on Friday said that there is no groupism in the party in the state where Assembly election is due in a couple of months.
"There was no factionalism in Madhya Pradesh Congress and all its senior leaders were working with the sole aim of defeating the ruling BJP in the Assembly election," Prakash said here at a party meeting attended by senior leaders.
All senior Congress leaders are jointly touring Madhya Pradesh to ensure the BJP, which is in power since 2003, is defeated, he said.
Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh alleged that Madhya Pradesh had received crores of rupees in Central funds but the money has not been used properly by the state government.
Union Minister Kamal Nath said no one knows how these funds had been spent by the BJP administration.
Chairman of Madhya Pradesh Congress poll campaign committee Jyotiraditya Scindia said Gujarat ruled by Chief Minister Narendra Modi has not given permission to shift some of the Asiatic lions from there to a sanctuary in the state.
Leader of Opposition Ajay Singh said Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan had been "misleading" people of the state on various issues.
Other Congress leaders to address the meeting included Kantilal Bhuria, Satyavrat Chaturvedi and Arun Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM