No factionalism in MP Congress: State party chief
Shivpuri: Congress General Secretary and in-charge of Madhya Pradesh Mohan Prakash on Friday said that there is no groupism in the party in the state where Assembly election is due in a couple of months.
"There was no factionalism in Madhya Pradesh Congress and all its senior leaders were working with the sole aim of defeating the ruling BJP in the Assembly election," Prakash said here at a party meeting attended by senior leaders.
All senior Congress leaders are jointly touring Madhya Pradesh to ensure the BJP, which is in power since 2003, is defeated, he said.
Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh alleged that Madhya Pradesh had received crores of rupees in Central funds but the money has not been used properly by the state government.
Union Minister Kamal Nath said no one knows how these funds had been spent by the BJP administration.
Chairman of Madhya Pradesh Congress poll campaign committee Jyotiraditya Scindia said Gujarat ruled by Chief Minister Narendra Modi has not given permission to shift some of the Asiatic lions from there to a sanctuary in the state.
Leader of Opposition Ajay Singh said Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan had been "misleading" people of the state on various issues.
Other Congress leaders to address the meeting included Kantilal Bhuria, Satyavrat Chaturvedi and Arun Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 9: How 'injured' Ashish Nehra is helping SunRisers Hyderabad bowlers!
- CBSE class 10th results 2016 declared; with 96.36% pass percentage, girls outshine boys
- Pakistan fails to seal F-16 fighter jets deal with US, says report
- Sensational: New Zealand teenager Glenn Phillips hits 6 sixes in an over
- 'A Wednesday' veterans Anupam Kher, Naseeruddin Shah spar over Kashmiri Pandits - Details inside