‘No harm to Gadkari`s image after Kejriwal`s allegations’
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh BJP unit president Prabhat Jha on Sunday claimed that there was no dent in party president Nitin Gadkari`s image following allegations of corruption against him by activist turned politician Arvind Kejriwal.
Jha told PTI that he was of this view as the allegations had been made without any evidence.
Secondly, the person who has made the allegations does not have any status to level charges against Gadkari, he added.
"Those in the BJP are still supporting Gadkari...," he said.
Kejriwal had talked of 14 companies, Prabhat said pointing out that none of them were in Gadkari`s name.
"Even if it was accepted that these were Gadkari`s companies then one would like to ask if it was wrong for a politician to do business," he said.
He also said Gadkari had no intention to defame Swami Vivekananda when he compared his IQ with that of underworld don Dawood Ibrahim.
Jha said he was confident that the BJP would win the 2013 Assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh as the party had over the last nine years worked to ensure people`s faith in its government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt