‘No harm to Gadkari`s image after Kejriwal`s allegations’
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh BJP unit president Prabhat Jha on Sunday claimed that there was no dent in party president Nitin Gadkari`s image following allegations of corruption against him by activist turned politician Arvind Kejriwal.
Jha told PTI that he was of this view as the allegations had been made without any evidence.
Secondly, the person who has made the allegations does not have any status to level charges against Gadkari, he added.
"Those in the BJP are still supporting Gadkari...," he said.
Kejriwal had talked of 14 companies, Prabhat said pointing out that none of them were in Gadkari`s name.
"Even if it was accepted that these were Gadkari`s companies then one would like to ask if it was wrong for a politician to do business," he said.
He also said Gadkari had no intention to defame Swami Vivekananda when he compared his IQ with that of underworld don Dawood Ibrahim.
Jha said he was confident that the BJP would win the 2013 Assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh as the party had over the last nine years worked to ensure people`s faith in its government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- This herbal combo packs powerful punch against colon cancer
- Twist in tale! Lalit Modi to install son Ruchir as Rajasthan Cricket Association boss
- 225 killed or missing in China torrential rains; 2.5 lakh people trapped
- Elvis Presley almost choked himself to death with drugs
- 48 hours on, Indian Air Force's AN 32 still untraceable; families of missing officials pray for good news