No links with businessman: Kantilal Bhuria
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress president l Bhuria today dismissed as "baseless and without any foundation" the charges that he had links with businessman Sudhir Sharma whose premises were raided here last week by the income tax department.
"I can say with full confidence that I have no links with Sharma and I am ready for any probe into the matter," Bhuria told mediapersons here.
All these charges were being floated by the BJP government in Madhya Pradesh to divert the people`s attention from its wrong activities, he said.
The state Congress chief said he had been in public life for a long time and so far no one has ever charged him with taking money from anyone for any purpose.
On the contrary, he said state Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan should resign on moral grounds after the IT raids on two businessmen "connected with the BJP".
"It is strange that Chouhan is maintaining a silence on the raids and is not saying anything about his links with these two businessmen," he said.
Bhuria charged the state BJP government with giving protection to land and mining mafias and turning a blind eye to their activities.
He said all such activities should be probed by CBI so that the truth about the BJP government comes to light.
The Congress had been demanding for a long time an inquiry into the illegal mining activities in the state, but the government has always turned a deaf ear to its demand, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH