No links with businessman: Kantilal Bhuria
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress president l Bhuria today dismissed as "baseless and without any foundation" the charges that he had links with businessman Sudhir Sharma whose premises were raided here last week by the income tax department.
"I can say with full confidence that I have no links with Sharma and I am ready for any probe into the matter," Bhuria told mediapersons here.
All these charges were being floated by the BJP government in Madhya Pradesh to divert the people`s attention from its wrong activities, he said.
The state Congress chief said he had been in public life for a long time and so far no one has ever charged him with taking money from anyone for any purpose.
On the contrary, he said state Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan should resign on moral grounds after the IT raids on two businessmen "connected with the BJP".
"It is strange that Chouhan is maintaining a silence on the raids and is not saying anything about his links with these two businessmen," he said.
Bhuria charged the state BJP government with giving protection to land and mining mafias and turning a blind eye to their activities.
He said all such activities should be probed by CBI so that the truth about the BJP government comes to light.
The Congress had been demanding for a long time an inquiry into the illegal mining activities in the state, but the government has always turned a deaf ear to its demand, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video