No mining mafia in Madhya Pradesh: CM
Bhopal: Under attack for the murder of an IPS officer allegedly by the mining mafia, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Sunday night said there was no mafia in the state and accused the Congress of making an issue of a non-issue.
"There is nothing by the name of mafia here. Congress is trying to bring bad name to us. Incidents may happen. It is a big state but we have acted on them," he said.
Last Thursday, 30-year-old IPS officer Narendra Kumar Singh was mowed down under a tractor-trolley by an alleged member of the mining mafia when he tried to stop a vehicle carrying illegally quarried stones in Morena.
"Congress doesn`t have any issue so they are making a non-issue an issue," he said.
The Chief Minister described Singh as a bright officer and promised to provide safety and support to his family.
"We have ordered a judicial probe and we will act of the findings of the probe," he told a television channel.
The IPS officer`s wife, Madhurani Tewatia, an IAS officer, has demanded a CBI probe into the incident.
"I wanted my government to have shown some sensitivity but there has been no official communication till date. It has been four days and the pain that I and my family are going through is not hidden from anybody...why would anybody serve the country if the fate is going to be like this".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!