No mining mafia in Madhya Pradesh: CM
Bhopal: Under attack for the murder of an IPS officer allegedly by the mining mafia, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Sunday night said there was no mafia in the state and accused the Congress of making an issue of a non-issue.
"There is nothing by the name of mafia here. Congress is trying to bring bad name to us. Incidents may happen. It is a big state but we have acted on them," he said.
Last Thursday, 30-year-old IPS officer Narendra Kumar Singh was mowed down under a tractor-trolley by an alleged member of the mining mafia when he tried to stop a vehicle carrying illegally quarried stones in Morena.
"Congress doesn`t have any issue so they are making a non-issue an issue," he said.
The Chief Minister described Singh as a bright officer and promised to provide safety and support to his family.
"We have ordered a judicial probe and we will act of the findings of the probe," he told a television channel.
The IPS officer`s wife, Madhurani Tewatia, an IAS officer, has demanded a CBI probe into the incident.
"I wanted my government to have shown some sensitivity but there has been no official communication till date. It has been four days and the pain that I and my family are going through is not hidden from anybody...why would anybody serve the country if the fate is going to be like this".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka