No nepotism in BJP: Vijaywargiya on FB post `favouring` son
Indore: Dismissing reports that he was "running away" from electoral politics, Madhya Pradesh Industries Minister Kailash Vijaywargiya on Monday said he was ready to contest from any seat in the upcoming Assembly polls.
"I am not a leader who is known for running away from the ground," Vijaywargiya told reporters at Choral Dam after inaugurating MP Tourism resort.
Trashing charges of nepotism in BJP, the minister said if his son was capable he should not be prevented from contesting polls. "There is nothing harm in it," he added.
"I am ready to contest polls from anywhere and against any leader my party would direct me to," he said while clarifying his remarks about his son Aakash on his Facebook post.
Vijaywargiya had purportedly said on the post that he would not like to contest the forthcoming assembly polls and would rather make way for Aakash. "The Facebook post was merely an expression of a father towards his son," he said.
Taking potshots at Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, he said, "if person like Rahul can dream of becoming prime minister then an ordinary citizen among the 125 crore people can think of becoming an MLA or MP".
He said Congress has made union minister Jyotiraditya Scindia a "scapegoat" by appointing him as the chairman of the party`s Madhya Pradesh Election Campaign Committee.
"Scindia is made scapegoat as none of the senior Congress leaders including union minister Kamal Nath and Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh are in a position to face the strong wave in favour of state chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan," the minister said.
When asked about BJP veteran L K Advani`s opposition to Modi`s anointment as prime ministerial candidate, Vijaywargiya said that all talks of differences between the two will die down after the September 25 conclave of BJP workers in Bhopal.
He informed on the occasion that schemes worth Rs 25 crore were being implemented to develop tourist places around Indore division.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends