No of foreign tourists` visiting MP goes up
Bhopal: The number of foreign tourists coming to Madhya Pradesh has increased as a result of enhancement of tourism infrastructure and campaigns being held at the national/ international levels.
The number of foreign tourists to the state increased by 20 per cent last year while tourism business grew by 30 per cent, an official release said here today.
The number of domestic tourists coming to the state was 5.30 crore during 2012 against about 4 crore during 2011.
Similarly, the number of foreign tourists was 2.69 lakh in 2011, which rose to 2.75 lakh 2012.
Minister of State for Tourism (Independent charge) Brijendra Pratap Singh said that both domestic and foreign tourists are getting attracted towards Madhya Pradesh.
- Ethics committee Chairman to present report on Vijay Mallya in Rajya Sabha today
- AgustaWestland chopper deal scam: CBI grills ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi, Gautam Khaitan
- Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray advance to 3rd round at Madrid Masters
- Kerala shamed again: Now, a nursing student gang-raped near Thiruvananthapuram
- This portable device can test your food for glutten in less than 2 minutes!