No of foreign tourists` visiting MP goes up
Bhopal: The number of foreign tourists coming to Madhya Pradesh has increased as a result of enhancement of tourism infrastructure and campaigns being held at the national/ international levels.
The number of foreign tourists to the state increased by 20 per cent last year while tourism business grew by 30 per cent, an official release said here today.
The number of domestic tourists coming to the state was 5.30 crore during 2012 against about 4 crore during 2011.
Similarly, the number of foreign tourists was 2.69 lakh in 2011, which rose to 2.75 lakh 2012.
Minister of State for Tourism (Independent charge) Brijendra Pratap Singh said that both domestic and foreign tourists are getting attracted towards Madhya Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli