No of foreign tourists` visiting MP goes up
Bhopal: The number of foreign tourists coming to Madhya Pradesh has increased as a result of enhancement of tourism infrastructure and campaigns being held at the national/ international levels.
The number of foreign tourists to the state increased by 20 per cent last year while tourism business grew by 30 per cent, an official release said here today.
The number of domestic tourists coming to the state was 5.30 crore during 2012 against about 4 crore during 2011.
Similarly, the number of foreign tourists was 2.69 lakh in 2011, which rose to 2.75 lakh 2012.
Minister of State for Tourism (Independent charge) Brijendra Pratap Singh said that both domestic and foreign tourists are getting attracted towards Madhya Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video