No police record about who let Anderson out on bail: MP govt
Bhopal: No record was found in Hanumanganj
police station here about who had given bail to former Union
Carbide chairman Warren Anderson and two others soon after the
1984 Bhopal Gas tragedy, the Madhya Pradesh Assembly was
In a written reply to a question from Girija Shanker
Sharma (BJP), Home Minister Uma Shanker Gupta said as per the
records available in the police station, Anderson was arrested
on December 7, 1984 and released on bail after which he went
to New Delhi by the state government`s plane.
Along with Anderson, two others who are mentioned in the
records are then UCIL chairman Keshub Mahindra and UCIL former
Managing Director V P Gokhale.
Gupta said no proposal was under consideration for
withdrawal of the President`s Bravery Medal awarded to Swaraj
Puri, who was the superintendent of police at the time of the
He said that information about awards given to other
persons in this regard was not available with the department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL