No police record about who let Anderson out on bail: MP govt
Bhopal: No record was found in Hanumanganj
police station here about who had given bail to former Union
Carbide chairman Warren Anderson and two others soon after the
1984 Bhopal Gas tragedy, the Madhya Pradesh Assembly was
In a written reply to a question from Girija Shanker
Sharma (BJP), Home Minister Uma Shanker Gupta said as per the
records available in the police station, Anderson was arrested
on December 7, 1984 and released on bail after which he went
to New Delhi by the state government`s plane.
Along with Anderson, two others who are mentioned in the
records are then UCIL chairman Keshub Mahindra and UCIL former
Managing Director V P Gokhale.
Gupta said no proposal was under consideration for
withdrawal of the President`s Bravery Medal awarded to Swaraj
Puri, who was the superintendent of police at the time of the
He said that information about awards given to other
persons in this regard was not available with the department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez