No political party if Hazare is not willing: Sisodia
Bhopal: The decision to launch a political party would be taken on October 2 only if there was agreement on it by the majority, and Anna Hazare too favoured it, said Manish Sisodia, a key member of India Against Corruption, here on Thursday.
"The discussions are going on with the IAC members, and at the marathon meeting today, the majority was in favour of forming a political party," Sisodia told reporters.
"As far as Anna Hazare is concerned, we are clear that if he is not willing to form a party, then we will not go for it. But, if he is willing and ready to play the role of a person who can admonish the wrong-doers, then certainly we will go ahead with our plan," Sisodia said, when asked about Hazare`s reservations on forming a party.
Admitting that senior IAC members Justice Santosh Hegde and Kiran Bedi also had different views, Sisodia said efforts were on to convince them about the need to provide an alternative.
"Lot of suggestions are coming and the broad contours of our alternative to select candidates will be based on the feedback from the people.Also, we will take undertaking that a member would not draw pension and other assured benefits after he ceases to be an elected representative," Sisodia said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday