‘No pregnancy tests on MP women at mass marriage programme’
Bhopal: A magisterial probe into reports that brides were subjected to virginity or pregnancy tests at Madhya Pradesh government`s mass marriage programme in Betul district last week has found that no such tests were conducted.
No such tests were conducted as per the probe conducted by Assistant Collector Neha Marvaya, an official release said here today.
As many as 350 women were allegedly put through virginity and pregnancy tests during a mass marriage programme under the `Mukhyamantri Kanyadan Yojana` at Harad on June 7.
The district administration had ordered a magisterial probe into the complaints regarding the alleged tests conducted on the would-be-brides, including 90 tribal women.
However, the inquiry officer has found irregularities in some works pertaining to the event for which action has been recommended against Chicholi Janpad Panchayat`s CEO. Irregularities were also found pertaining to tenders, material and other arrangements, the release said.
The inquiry officer has also recommended action against an official of Chicholi community health centre, who had issued irresponsible statements to the media, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?