‘No pregnancy tests on MP women at mass marriage programme’
Bhopal: A magisterial probe into reports that brides were subjected to virginity or pregnancy tests at Madhya Pradesh government`s mass marriage programme in Betul district last week has found that no such tests were conducted.
No such tests were conducted as per the probe conducted by Assistant Collector Neha Marvaya, an official release said here today.
As many as 350 women were allegedly put through virginity and pregnancy tests during a mass marriage programme under the `Mukhyamantri Kanyadan Yojana` at Harad on June 7.
The district administration had ordered a magisterial probe into the complaints regarding the alleged tests conducted on the would-be-brides, including 90 tribal women.
However, the inquiry officer has found irregularities in some works pertaining to the event for which action has been recommended against Chicholi Janpad Panchayat`s CEO. Irregularities were also found pertaining to tenders, material and other arrangements, the release said.
The inquiry officer has also recommended action against an official of Chicholi community health centre, who had issued irresponsible statements to the media, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place