‘No question of handing over Joshi murder probe to NIA’
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh government on Friday ruled out the possibility of handing over the investigations into the 2007 Sunil Joshi murder case to the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
"There is no question of handing over the probe into Joshi`s murder to the NIA," State Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta told a news agency.
Gupta also said that so far he had not received any communication from the NIA in this regard.
Joshi, a suspect in the Samjhauta Express blast case was shot dead in Dewas in December 2007 under mysterious circumstances.
The minister, however did not mention the reason for the state government`s refusal to hand over the probe to the NIA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Graeme Cremer named Zimbabwe's Test captain for Test series against New Zealand
- Divide and rule by Beijing throw ASEAN into disarray
- Una incident: Gujarat Chief Secretary says accused made video for 'fun'
- Last day of Mi 2nd Anniversary Carnival: Grab Xiaomi Mi Max at only Re 1
- AAP MP Bhagwant Mann defends posting video on Facebook, says has done nothing to risk Parliament security