‘No question of handing over Joshi murder probe to NIA’
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh government on Friday ruled out the possibility of handing over the investigations into the 2007 Sunil Joshi murder case to the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
"There is no question of handing over the probe into Joshi`s murder to the NIA," State Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta told a news agency.
Gupta also said that so far he had not received any communication from the NIA in this regard.
Joshi, a suspect in the Samjhauta Express blast case was shot dead in Dewas in December 2007 under mysterious circumstances.
The minister, however did not mention the reason for the state government`s refusal to hand over the probe to the NIA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!