‘No question of handing over Joshi murder probe to NIA’
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh government on Friday ruled out the possibility of handing over the investigations into the 2007 Sunil Joshi murder case to the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
"There is no question of handing over the probe into Joshi`s murder to the NIA," State Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta told a news agency.
Gupta also said that so far he had not received any communication from the NIA in this regard.
Joshi, a suspect in the Samjhauta Express blast case was shot dead in Dewas in December 2007 under mysterious circumstances.
The minister, however did not mention the reason for the state government`s refusal to hand over the probe to the NIA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley