‘No question of handing over Joshi murder probe to NIA’
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh government on Friday ruled out the possibility of handing over the investigations into the 2007 Sunil Joshi murder case to the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
"There is no question of handing over the probe into Joshi`s murder to the NIA," State Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta told a news agency.
Gupta also said that so far he had not received any communication from the NIA in this regard.
Joshi, a suspect in the Samjhauta Express blast case was shot dead in Dewas in December 2007 under mysterious circumstances.
The minister, however did not mention the reason for the state government`s refusal to hand over the probe to the NIA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’