No relief for Nirmal Baba in cheating case
Sagar: A court in Madhya Pradesh on Monday rejected the anticipatory bail plea of self-proclaimed godman Nirmal Baba and directed him to appear before it on June 25.
Refusing to grant any relief to the applicant, the court of Second Additional Session Judge, SP Yadav, situated at Khurai town in Sagar district, said that since the matter is related to general public, therefore, it is not appropriate to give the benefit of anticipatory bail to Nirmal Baba.
The lawyers representing the godman, BP Gulati, Dinesh Shrivastava and local advocate Pramod Singh Tomar, argued before the court that the person who had filed a complaint against their client does not even know him.
They argued that since Nirmal Baba is a public figure he would not abscond, but the court did not agree with their arguments and turned down the bail plea.
Bina resident Surendra Vishwakarma had filed the complaint in April against Nirmal Baba in the court of Bina Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMFC) RK Devalia for "cheating and hurting personal sentiments". The court on June 1 issued an arrest warrant against Nirmal Baba directing him to appear before it on June 25.
However, the godman moved against the JMFC court order in the Second Additional Session Judge court, through his lawyers, which upheld the order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row