No relief for Saba Farooqui in Shehla murder case
Indore: A special CBI court on Tuesday rejected the bail application of Saba Farooqui, one of the five accused in the 2011 murder of RTI activist Shehla Masood at Bhopal.
"In view of the serious nature of the crime, and she (Saba) being a co-accused with key accused Zahida Pervez, it was not appropriate to release her on bail," special CBI court judge Anupam Srivastava said.
The defence had sought the relief for Saba saying she was suffering from a spleen disorder.
"The court in its judgement assured the accused that the jail authorities would get her (Saba) appropriate medical treatment and care whenever required," senior public prosecutor Hemant Shukla said.
There was no mention of the illness in Saba`s medical report filed by the jail authorities before the court. However, they would take care of her health as per its manual, he said quoting the court order.
Besides Saba, who is a close aide of Zahida Pervez, Shakeb Ali Danger, Tabish Khan and Irfan are the other accused in the RTI activist`s murder outside her residence in Bhopal`s Koh-e-Fiza locality on August 17 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?