No relief for Saba Farooqui in Shehla murder case
Indore: A special CBI court on Tuesday rejected the bail application of Saba Farooqui, one of the five accused in the 2011 murder of RTI activist Shehla Masood at Bhopal.
"In view of the serious nature of the crime, and she (Saba) being a co-accused with key accused Zahida Pervez, it was not appropriate to release her on bail," special CBI court judge Anupam Srivastava said.
The defence had sought the relief for Saba saying she was suffering from a spleen disorder.
"The court in its judgement assured the accused that the jail authorities would get her (Saba) appropriate medical treatment and care whenever required," senior public prosecutor Hemant Shukla said.
There was no mention of the illness in Saba`s medical report filed by the jail authorities before the court. However, they would take care of her health as per its manual, he said quoting the court order.
Besides Saba, who is a close aide of Zahida Pervez, Shakeb Ali Danger, Tabish Khan and Irfan are the other accused in the RTI activist`s murder outside her residence in Bhopal`s Koh-e-Fiza locality on August 17 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog