No truth in Tomar`s charges against Jogi on Naxal attack: Ajay
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh on Friday rubbished state BJP president Narendra Singh Tomar`s allegations that senior Congress leader Ajit Jogi was apparently behind the deadly Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh.
"I do not think that Jogi was involved in the attack in any way and instead of blaming him, Tomar should talk about the lapses made by the Chhattisgarh government which led to the attack," he told reporters.
Ajay said that a few days before the attack, Chief Minister Raman Singh had carried out a Vikas Yatra at the same place where the attack occurred and over 3,000 police personnel were deployed but no such arrangement was made for the Congress rally, which was ambushed by Naxals in Bastar on May 25, killing 27 people including senior leaders Nand Kumar Patel and Mahendra Karma.
Tomar had yesterday said that Jogi was apparently the part of the conspiracy regarding the Naxal attack on the Congress` convoy.
"The way Jogi was crying while reacting to the Naxal attack, it was apparent that he has a hand in the conspiracy," Tomar said at the BJP state executive meeting at Gwalior district in Madhya Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre