Not in race for MP chief ministership: Jyotiraditya Scindia
New York: Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia has said that he is not in the race to become the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh and has ruled out contesting the upcoming Assembly polls there.
"I have no plans to contest the Assembly Elections from Madhya Pradesh and would remain as Member of Parliament. However, Congress will come back to power in the State. I am a worker of the Congress and I do not think that I am in the race," Scindia told a news agency here.
With Madhya Pradesh slated to go for Assembly Elections later this year, Congress general secretary and former Madhya Pradesh chief minister Digvijay Singh have recently said that Scindia is the front-runner for the post of Chief Minister, if Congress emerges victorious.
"I have no doubt in my mind that Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia is the front-runner for the post of the Chief Minister in Madhya Pradesh if the party wins this year`s Assembly elections," said Singh.
Scindia, 42, added that he is confident that Congress will return to power in MP.
"I was not confident six months or a year ago but now the tide is turning in favour of the Congress. People have become much more vocal and in many ways the frustration is being felt at all levels. Corruption, misrule and lack of development are there for all to see and I am confident that Congress will return to power in this important state of India," he said.
The Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power said that he was given the responsibility at the centre by UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his focus is on working on his assignment to the best of his ability.
The three-time MP from Guna, Madhya Pradesh, added that he has been doing his best for his state for the past decade, first as a Member of Parliament and later as an Union Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Earth's ancient magnetic field had more than two poles!
- VIDEOS: MS Dhoni's wife Sakshi shares her adorable moments with daughter Ziva
- 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed announces 'jihad to free Pakistani rivers from India'
- Chinese ship inaugurates expanded Panama Canal
- Euro 2016: Germany cruise into last eight with 3-0 Slovakia win