Not in race for PM post: LK Advani
Satna: Dismissing opposition`s claims
that he was using his nationwide yatra to promote himself for
the prime ministerial candidate, BJP leader Lal Krishna Advani
on Friday said collective decisions are taken in his party which
does not believe in dynastic politics.
"I am not in the race for Prime Ministership," he said in
response to queries from journalists here.
"Even otherwise there was no dynastic politics in BJP,
where all decisions were taken collectively...dynastic rule is
the biggest threat to democracy," he said in an apparent
attack on Congress.
Advani was here as part of his `Jan Chetna Yatra`, which
entered Madhya Pradesh yesterday.
To a question, the BJP leader said he was in favour of
bringing the PM under the ambit of Lokpal.
Yesterday at a gathering in Rewa near here, Advani said
BJP MPs who exposed `cash-for-vote` scam are behind the bars,
while those who benefited from the episode were enjoying
fruits of power at the Centre.
Pointing to a string of scams unearthed in recent months,
including the one related to 2G spectrum allocation, he said
the Congress-led UPA government was "neck-deep" in corruption.
Advani began his 38-day-long yatra from Bihar`s
Sitabdiara village on Tuesday to take on the UPA Government on
corruption issue and press for return of black money stashed
in banks abroad.
Ostensibly to campaign against corruption, the yatra is
seen by many political parties to be motivated by 2014 general
elections and a ploy by Advani to project himself as a prime
The yatra will encompass 23 states and four UTs and will
conclude in Delhi on November 20 in the form of a massive
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today