Not interested to become MP CM: Prabhat Jha
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh BJP president Prabhat Jha on Monday said that he was not interested in becoming chief minister of the state even as he expressed confidence that the ruling Shivraj Singh Chouhan government would tide over the anti-incumbency in 2013 assembly elections.
"There was no way in which I would become chief minister. Neither did I want to become chief minister nor will I accept that office even if it was offered to me by the party," Jha, who will be completing two years in office tomorrow, told a news agency.
I am hopeful that the "good work" done by the BJP government in various fields will help it defeat what is commonly known as the "anti-incumbency" factor in next year polls, he said.
Jha said that though his "outspokenness" often landed him into controversies, he always had a justification for what he said.
"It is my habit to say in the open what people talk of in hushed tones and this could lead to controversies," Jha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug