Not invited to many BJP events in MP: Uma Bharti
Indore: Senior BJP leader Uma Bharti on Wednesday said that party officials in Madhya Pradesh seldom invited her for the important programmes organised by them and claimed that she was clueless as to why that was so.
She clarified, however, that she had no differences with MP chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
"I have been invited by people across the country. But I am surprised on not being invited to important BJP rogrammes in Madhya Pradesh," Bharti said here.
"If I am being invited across the country, definitely it means I am useful and those inviting me are not making any mistakes," she added.
Bharti said that the reason for her absence at BJP events in MP could be best explained by party workers in the state.
Illustrating her point, Bharti said that she did not attend the recently-held meeting of state BJP`s executive committee at Gwalior as she had not been invited for the same.
Chouhan had campaigned for Bharti when she contested the Assembly elections from Charkhari in Uttar Pradesh, and Bharti said she was more than willing to return the favour if the party were to ask her to campaign for the CM in the upcoming elections in Madhya Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation